E-Aadhar Card Download: How to Download & Print Aadhaar Card Online
Looking to download the Aadhaar card? An Aadhaar card is a unique identity card issued by the Government of India. More than the identity of an individual this document can be used as proof of address. Aadhaar card has a 12 digit unique identification number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
Download and keep a digital copy of your e-Aadhaar card from the self-service portal of UIDAI. Through this article, you can learn how to download Aadhar card online.
Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID or Virtual ID
Remember in order to download an electronic copy of your Aadhaar, you should have Aadhaar Number/Enrolment ID (EID) or Virtual ID (VID). Downloaded Aadhaar is as valid as the original Aadhaar Document.
1. Visit UIDAI Website (https://uidai.gov.in/)
2. Click on My Aadhaar from top header menu and Select Download Aadhaar or else directly visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
3. Enter 12 Digit UID Aadhaar Number (Eg: 1234/1234/1234)
- Or Enter 14 digit Enrolment ID and Date-Time stamp printed on the Enrolment Slip)
- Or Enter 16 Digit Virtual ID (VID) Number
4. Select and enter any one of the above-mentioned options.
5. Captcha Verification – Type the characters you see in the picture
6. Click on “Send OTP”.
7. Enter 6-digit OTP received on your registered mobile number.
8. Click on “Download Aadhaar”.
Your Adadhaar will be downloaded as a password protected PDF file. To Open it, Enter the 8-digit password which is made up of the first four letters of your name (in Capital) and your year of birth.
Eg: NARENDRA PRASAD is the Name and Date of Birth is 1993
So your Password will be NARE1993
We hope the above steps will help you to download and print the E-Aadhar card. Try not to share your Aadhar card details to unknown people. Let us know your thoughts about “how to download Aadhar card” through comments.